Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rainy Day

Just sitting about listening to the rain outside. Figures that once the weekend comes, the rain arrives too. Sandra from craftster has asked me to knit her a Skully Sweater from SNB. In return she will make me a bunch of needle felted goodies and a One Skein Wonder. I'm going to swatch for that today. Otherwise, I've been reading Zorro by Isabel Allende (gasp, Gloria is reading something besides a historical mystery!), which is quite good. She has a wonderful way with words and situations, a sort of dry humor. I wish I was fluent enough to read and appreciate her in the original Spanish, but my skill isn't accomplished enough to really get the flow of her work. We used to have to read her in AP Spanish, but it's slow going compared to reading the English translation.

No comments: