Sunday, July 30, 2006

Rolling


I made some progress on Something Red today. I cast on this morning and started the raglan increases. I'm liking the feel of the knitpicks yarn. We shall see how it wears.

In other news, Mike and I saw the "Americans in Paris" art exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, today. The show featured the infamous "Madame X" painting by John Singer Sargent, along with numerous fascinating works by Mary Cassatt, Winslow Homer, James Abbott McNeill Whistler, and many other notables. "Madame X" was displayed next to "Mrs. Henry White," also by Sargent, which made for an interesting contrast. When it was first released, "Madame X" was considered too daring, cutting into Sargent's portrait business. It's still provocative today. This show was a superb collection, though I wish it were more economical to see (student tickets are $21 on the weekends, though I believe Harvard students can see it for $5 during the weekdays). Plus afterwards we stopped by the Copley room, my favorite gallery of all the art museums I have ever visited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this? it's great.
http://www.twinkiechan.com/TwinkieChan%20-%20Gallery.htm

Gloria Quincy said...

That's really scary and cute at the same time, Michelle.