Wednesday, February 21, 2007

From the pre-blog file


I was looking through my photobucket album, and I noticed that I had pictures of this outfit I made a few years ago in college. I never posted pictures here, so I thought I would share. The skirt is basically just knitting around and around in circles, then doing some eyelets for the ruffle. Not rocket science. Then you just sew some elastic into the waistband, and you are good to go! I haven't worn it in a couple years, but it was one of my favorite skirts senior year of college. I think I remember wearing it to the Boston Knit-Out and Crochet that year.

Skirt
Pattern: Rebecca 25
Yarn: Cotton-Ease for the black and Sugar and Cream Cotton for the burgundy (this was before I discovered LYS's with expensive yarn!)
Needles: US 6 Susan Bates circulars


Tank Top
Pattern: none (it's just a panel of st stitch with i-cords attached)
Yarn: Cotton-Ease
Needles: US 6 Susan Bates circulars

5 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

pretty fancy! I need to knit a sweater or something big soon... it's been awhile.

pins&needles said...

I love both the skirt and the top!

Gloria Quincy said...

Thanks, both of you! I remember this knit as being relaxing. It might be boring to work so much st stitch, but I like projects like that sometimes, since I don't have to concentrate so much.

Elizabeth said...

So pretty! I love this outfit. I wish I were thin enough to wear knitted skirts...

Gloria Quincy said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. That picture makes me look slimmer than I am, what with the dark color and the way I'm angled. I bet there's a knitted skirt pattern out there for you!