Sunday, August 20, 2006

Almost there


I have made good progress on my "formerly Something Red" sweater. I had to rip back a couple times because I didn't like the waist and bust shaping, but I'm cool with what I've got now. From here on in, I just have to make sure it fits over my hips and that the button holes look good. And of course, the sleeves. Can't forget those.

In other news, I forgot to mention two movies I saw in the last month. The first was Wordplay, a documentary about the crossword puzzle culture encouraged by Will Shortz and the NY Times. I very much enjoyed it, even if the story wasn't exactly groundbreaking. They had great personalities featured, including Bill Clinton and Jon Stewart. Stewart was particularly endearing when he said he was so confident about his Monday crossword skills that he would write it in glue stick. I would give it a 7.

The second movie was Clerks II. This was the usual offensive Kevin Smith fare, complete with lots of lurid sexual and bathroom humor. But surprisingly, this movie was also a very sweet love story. I was bored during the first half, but then there was this random extended dance sequence (I kid you not). And from there on out, the heart of the movie won me over. I'd say it was a 6.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very good! I am looking forward to having you home! Don't forget Jessi's stuff. She is doing better now.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

As you kown, I am an active volunteer for the American Heart Association. One of the recent major campaigns of AHA is "Women go Red", because the heart disease is the number one killer among women. Your red sweater is looking good. May I borrow and wear that when I attend AHA board meeting next month in Boston? It may fit me OK because I have been on diet for quite a while now. I bet it definitely will be a hit.

Love, ODDDAD

BEESTLYproducts said...

looks gr8!!! I want to see wordplay, i love off beat documentaries :-)

Gloria Quincy said...

Thanks for the compliments (including that puzzling one from you, Dad).

I would definitely recommend Wordplay. It's a fun time.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh, i can't handle it your dad is too cute!!! he wants to wear your sweater!!! ahhhh!

Gloria Quincy said...

Cute is one word for it.