Friday, October 06, 2006

Halloween Costume


Still not much to report on the knitting front. I am still waiting for an order of yarn to come in the mail.

However, I have been sewing! I have been working on my Halloween costume, a regency style day dress from Simplicity 4055, which was designed by Sense and Sensibility Patterns. Considering that I haven't sewn clothes in ages, it's going pretty well. This is a pic of the finished bodice. I've attached the skirt now, but I need to put on the buttons and give the dress a good ironing. The fabric (of which I have a decent amount left over) and notions for this cost less than $20, plus $10 for the pattern. And I think I'll use the pattern again, as it's working quite nicely (though I had trouble understanding the directions Simplicity included. I ended up following the "Sewing tips" section on the Sense and Sensibility site).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's impresive! Good job!

Love,

Mom

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see more progress, and the finished product! :)

I love Halloween.

Gloria Quincy said...

Thanks! I have finished, but I need to get the SO to take pics.