Friday, October 06, 2006

Halloween Costume

Still not much to report on the knitting front. I am still waiting for an order of yarn to come in the mail.

However, I have been sewing! I have been working on my Halloween costume, a regency style day dress from Simplicity 4055, which was designed by Sense and Sensibility Patterns. Considering that I haven't sewn clothes in ages, it's going pretty well. This is a pic of the finished bodice. I've attached the skirt now, but I need to put on the buttons and give the dress a good ironing. The fabric (of which I have a decent amount left over) and notions for this cost less than $20, plus $10 for the pattern. And I think I'll use the pattern again, as it's working quite nicely (though I had trouble understanding the directions Simplicity included. I ended up following the "Sewing tips" section on the Sense and Sensibility site).


Anonymous said...

That's impresive! Good job!



Amanda said...

Can't wait to see more progress, and the finished product! :)

I love Halloween.

Gloria said...

Thanks! I have finished, but I need to get the SO to take pics.