Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nantucket Jacket: 1, Me: 0

Remember how I was doing so well with the Nantucket Jacket? Well, scratch that. I realised I had made a mistake back at the top of the seed-stitch hip gores. And although I could have ignored it, I decided to rip. I should really start with a sleeve anyway, to use as a extra-large gauge swatch (a la Grumperina's recent post), since I have grave concerns about how this knit fabric will react to wet blocking. I'm trying to be zen about losing all of that work. It really serves me right for not counting my stitches earlier. I guess it just fits with my past sweater history, as I don't think I have ever knit something this big without a major redo.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your glitch. Hope it blocks out well.

Crossing my fingers for you!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, man, I'm sorry - but it's great you had the courage to rip! You'll be happier about it in the long run (no pun intended), believe me. It's going to be great when done - I love that pattern.

Gloria said...

Thanks for your kind wishes, Andrea and Elizabeth! I feel better about the decision to rip now.

KnitXcorE said...

WOW! that sux, but a swetaer that fits funny sux more! you're pretty courageous though, i think i would have had someone else frog it for me.

KnitXcorE said...

*i can't spell today.