Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Skirt!

I realised recently that some of my favorite skirts are getting a bit ragged. The weather has been so bad most of the summer that I hadn't started wearing skirts most days until the past week or so.

I thought this was a perfect time to try out a new book I recently got, Sew What! Skirts. They have instructions for drafting a basic A-line and a basic straight skirt to your measurements. Then there are lots of customization ideas. I tried the A-line with a side zipper, and I am very happy with the results. Now I have my own pattern to use again and again. Not bad for an 11 USD book (on Amazon).

Plus, and this was super exciting for me, I learned to use my serger! I got it as a wedding present over a year ago, and I hadn't even opened the box until this weekend. But Mike helped me get over the fear (knives! two needles!), I successfully figured out threading it, and I was able to use it to finish the interior seam allowances.

1 comment:

BEESTLYproducts said...

it's perfect!!!!!

sergers can be scary. i never re-thread mine any more. it's so hard.